Can I Live In My House During A Roof Replacement In Landisville?
Why Alternative Housing In Lancaster County May
Be More Convenient During A Roof Install
Many things should be considered before your asphalt roof replacement in Landisville begins. These factors include safety, disruption, job size, company policy, etc.
These considerations may affect your decision to live in the home during the project. For example, staying in your home during a minor asphalt roof repair is much easier to do than when you’re getting a completely new roofing. However, most choose to remain inside the home during installation.
Once you have chosen an asphalt roof replacement instead of a small repair, there are still a couple of things to handle, such as insurance or HOA policies and which roofing company to choose. You will also want to be aware of the residential roofing company’s safety guidelines.
Common Safety Guidelines During Asphalt
Shingle Roof Replacement In Landisville
Before starting the job, discuss the roofing contractor’s safety regulations with your roofing company and make sure they are always followed. Here are some standard safety guidelines to follow when living in your home during a residential roof replacement:
- Keep pets and children away from the work area to avoid them being injured by falling debris such as asphalt shingles and nails.
- Adults should also stay inside when possible to avoid potential hazards.
- If you must go outside while the job is being done, stay clear of the work area.
- Do not attempt to do any DIY roofing work during the project.
- Follow all safety guidelines outlined by your contractor.
You will also need to talk to the contractor about any special considerations that need to be made. The roofing company may have its own policies and guidelines that you will need to follow.
You may find that you need to change your daily routines or that it is easier to stay somewhere else while the project is underway, especially if noise is an issue as many now work from home.
If you have concerns, you may want to plan for any additional costs associated with the roof replacement beforehand. Be sure to include the cost of renting a temporary shelter for your home or plan to stay with family or friends. Let’s look at what to expect.
What to Expect During A Landisville Roof Replacement
If you choose to stay in your home during a roof replacement project, it is essential to know what to expect.
- Noise: Living in your home during a roof replacement project will involve dealing with noise levels from the crew, power tools, and other equipment. It may be necessary to wear ear protection when at home while the project is underway.
- Dangerous Debris: If you have pets or small children, keeping them away from falling shingles and nails may be difficult.
- Hazardous Materials: It is also important to be aware of any hazardous materials that may be present. Your contractor will ensure that these are properly disposed of and per local regulations. Still, you are responsible for keeping your kids and pets away from the work area.
Living in your home during the process will mean a lot of disruption to your daily life. Your contractor will know this and try to minimize any noise, debris, and mess. However, the reality is that it will still be disruptive, dusty, and a bit dangerous.
Check Insurance And HOA Policy Implications
On Roof Repairs in Lancaster County
You should review your insurance policy and, if applicable, any HOA policies before beginning a roof replacement project. Ensure you know any restrictions or exclusions that may apply to your home. Contacting your insurance provider to inform them of the work being done is also important.
If storm damage or another act of mother nature is behind the need for a roof replacement, your insurance company may pay for the project. Additionally, they may have recommendations on staying elsewhere while the work is completed.
You will also want to check with the roof repair company to find out what their policy is. Some may prefer that you and your family are not constantly present during the project for your safety.
Trust Best Contracting To Handle Your Roof
Replacement In Lancaster County
When considering whether to continue living in your home during a roof replacement project, it is crucial to plan ahead. Make sure that the contractor you select is experienced and reputable. Research the company’s history and reviews from previous customers.
Call Best Contracting today for your free quote on a roof replacement in Lancaster County. We offer third-party financing, and will be happy to discuss all of your concerns to help your roof replacement go as smoothly as possible.